Why Choose Ireland?
Students who study in Ireland and Northern Ireland earn academic qualifications that are recognized and respected around the world. Ireland has a diverse, welcoming and vibrant society that offers international students a unique cultural experience in a safe and beautiful environment. Attending high school in Ireland is an excellent pathway into world renowned Irish, UK and international universities.
Did You Know...
- Ireland is ethnically diverse and home to large immigrant populations from around the world?
- Ireland is one of the safest and most culturally accepting countries in the world?
- Ireland ranks among the top 10 countries in the OECD's Better Life Index for 2016?
- Irish secondary school students excel in science, reading and mathematics and have consistently placed among the top 6 in English-speaking countries in the world according to the latest OECD PISA studies?
- Ireland has a stable parliamentary democracy and has a high quality of life that is safe and secure?
Irish Secondary Education Facts
- Secondary schools are typically grades 7-12, (12 - 18 year olds)
- The school year runs from September to June
- All schools, private and public, must register with and meet the curriculum of the Department of Education
- Irish high school Certificates are recognised by colleges and universities worldwide
- Some schools offer English as a Second Language (ESL) support to international students